Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Kingdom of Heaven

I have watched Kingdom of Heaven last night. I'm afraid I cannot, like Saxon, give it a high rating. I'm afraid I have to, on a scale of 1-10, put it on a two. The battles, weapons, coriography, costumes, and acting was superb. But these things are not what makes a movie good. It's a plot. I'm afraid the plot was very dragging. It was very disapointing. But considering how many people gave me their opinion of it, I was expecting something of that sort, but a little more than what it left me with. The movie, I am afraid, was jam packed with anti-Catholic lines, such as this line. They bash the Pope with this line "Killing a muslim, THE POPE HAS SAID, is not a sin, it is a path to heaven."


Now, the good side of it, The costumes were great! take a look at some and I'm not saying, see how cool they were, though that mey be part of it, But I am saying look at the Historicality of it:
Godfrey and his band

King Richard (not the actor from the movie)


TheIbelin surcoat


Balian of Ibelin


The Jerusalem Tunic


Balian in battle

Another great factor was the swords. They were probably the best done swords I've seen in a long time:





The sword of Tiberius



Sword of Saladin



Sword of Odo (this is the only one I'm not really keen on)




My altime favorite sord, the sword of Ibelin





Sword of Guy


The sword of the King. This one is not as good.








As for favorite characters, my three favorites are (in order)




Godfrey of Ibelin
Balian of Ibelin




The King of Jerusalem

He has to wear a mask because he is a leper












4 comments:

  1. Is that Will/Legolas in the first of the last three pictures you posted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure it is. I've only ever seen LOTR, but even I can tell that's Orlando Bloom, since I know he was starring in KoH. Yep, awesome props are awesome, but the plot had better be good if the thing is going to survive...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes there was a few not so good lines. But I still think its a really good movie. I especially like the bit when Saldins soldiers are breaking down the wall and Balian says "let the come!" and when he knights a whole heap of people.

    ReplyDelete