Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Advent!

Happy Advent! As you can see I have decorated my blog in Christmas fashion. This Advent I am beginning to contemplate the image that this world has of Advent. True, it is a season of joy, but it is also a time of preparing. Christ is coming! It is a joyous thought! But since Christ is coming, why do we focus on how fun the day is going to be? I mean the way we all think to ourselves, "I must be joyous for Christ and not for the day." But then our poor minds only concentrate on the day itself instead of on the condition our souls are in! We should prepare our souls for the glorious day. We should be making them better places for our Lord to come and dwell in. After all, Christmas is a time of giving. But what do we give? What do we give each year to our Lord?
Hmmm...
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years!



No comments:

Post a Comment