Monday, April 4, 2011

One More Week!!!!!!!

One more week till our first performance of "Is it I?" After all the Masses this week, next week, and the week after in our parishes, we have had actors giving a sort of preveiw to the play. I will be in the one in two weeks with my Dad, who is playing Peter.

It will open with myself, John, and Thadeus setting a small table. Peter, my Dad, will then walk to the front of the Altar and speak to the audience telling them of the supper that himself, the apostles, and Jesus will be having that night. We then walk off the altar and the lector tells the audience of the performance that night.

The one this weekend was also quite interesting. The lector asks the audience to imagine they are on a busy street corner in Jerusalem. Then, a Pharisee walks to the front of the Altar and speaks to the people asking them is they've seen a certain "Jesus of Nazareth." He says if they will tell him where this rabbi is, he will make it... worth their while... He also tells the people that the Sanhedrin doesn't mean any harm to Jesus, they simply want to question him. He then walks out of the church.

Here is the picture of our poses at the table. If you click it, you might be able to see it better. Jesus, who, we're hoping, will be able to grow out his beard in a hurry, is sitting with his hands flat on the table in front of the tabernacle (we made sure to have a priest remove the Eucharist while we are in front of the tabernacle). I am the apostle on Jesus' right with one hand on it's side. Judas is facing towards me, and Peter is the person in the middle (and somewhat behind) Judas and me. I can't wait until next week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment