Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Movie Review: Braveheart

Today I'm going to reveiw probably my favorite movie:

Braveheart!




We watched it for the millionth time last night! I love that movie! Despite the fact that it's rated R for violence and.. other things... it is really epic movie! Though I would not recomend it for sixteen (I was thirteen when I watched it) on down, I would recomend it if you want to watch an epic movie! It's no wonder that this movie won so many oscars and awards!




Anyway, back to the reveiw. I have to rate this movie 4.5 stars. Due to the fact that it has two scenes that are... dodgy... But, everything else in the movie is of the highest quality! Mel Gibson is, indeed, my favorite director! He has the ability to tell stories in the most unique of ways! Who can think that a movie in which the main character dies would be nominated (and win) a bunch of awards! I have never shown this movie to anyone who didn't leave it with their jaw dropped!




Mel Gibson did an amazing job with the shots, especially with the scene "The Legend Spreads." Another amazing part of it is the costumes and props. I absolutely love the ancient kilts that are worn! Although many historians say that the ancient kilt was never worn by Scots, they looked really good (I even ended up getting myself an ancient kilt after watching this movie!) The music is amazing! The composer is none other than my favorite composer, James Horner (who tied with John Williams in our music polls)! After seeing this movie, I will guarantee you will want to get the soundtrack! Acting was superb! There is not a single actor who didn't protray his character succesfully! Mel Gibson plays the scottish patriot William Wallace and he is the darn best actor in the movie!




All in all, the movie is awesome! I would say that if you are 17+, then you should deffinitely watch this movie! If you can't yet, I would tell you to go onto playlist and listen to some tracks form the soundtrack. Freedom!!!!!





2 comments:

  1. Right on! Was it Braveheart or The Patriot that left me speechless? I think both did. Anyway, Braveheart (with dodgy scenes cut) is seriously THE insanely awesome movie I have seen to date. And guess what! I own the soundtrack now! Let the legend spread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I havn't seen the movie (And probably won't be aloud to for years, mostly due to the dodgy scenes) I love William Wallace!! And it does look like, as JT said "The insanely awesome movie" EVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete