Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Eagle

I watched the Eagle the other night. I have to rate this movie 3.5 (out of 5) stars. It was indeed an epic movie!

The movie opened with a Roman centurion, Marcus Flavius Aquila, (Channing Tatum) taking command of his new post in Scotland (well on the borders of Scotland and England anyway) and you find out Marcus' father was the centurion of the 9th legion which lost it's treasured standard, The Eagle. You see, to the Romans, the Eagle represented Rome. If they lost their Eagle, it was a great shame. Just like if Catholics lost a Church to the protestants it would be a shame... well sort of... So, Marcus then decides to reclaim the Eagle and his families honor with the help of his slave, Esca, (Jamie Bell) whose father was one of the chiefs who led the attack on the 9th legion.

If you want to fin out what happens next, you'll have to watch the movie.

Action: There were battles all through it!

Romance: no romance (sorry girls but I hate whenever a film has that in it)

Plot: great story! The ending was a little weak, but it cut the cake.

Music: Surprisingly, the music was decent enough for the movie. There were times when it sounded like Emperor Palpatine's theme from Star Wars, but I suppose it was a low budget movie.

Props and Costumes: One reason I was attracted to this movie was because the costumes and weaponry were designed by my favorite prop makers: Windlas Steel (who also did the props for Prince Caspian, The Kingdom of Heaven, and many others).

Epic film! I would recomend watching it if you are 15 (It was pretty dark)


2 comments:

  1. Good review. I think I might watch this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I thought you had watched this, but I wasn't sure! We just got it from Netflix on Saturday. Between getting it and sending it out yesterday, we watched it four times. It's one of the things I hope I get for my birthday. The good thing about homeschooling is that after watching the movie three times, we got to watch it again for history!

    ReplyDelete