Tuesday, July 26, 2011

There and Back Again: A Hobbit's Tale by The Pimpernel

About a week ago, I left for a Young Men's Summer Camp. It was a blast! Myself, the leader, and another guy, were the first ones to arrive. We then started to set up the tents and unload the food when all the rest of the group arrived. We began the trip with Mass and the Rosary and then had a dinner of hamburgers and hot dogs!

The next day we went canoeing down a river to Amon Hen... Well, myself and my canoe partner were in first place in the first part of the race! The second part, we were somewhere in the back, and in the third part, we were in second place! Once we were done, we were so tired! As usual we went to Mass and said the Rosary but ended with a dinner of cheese dip and spaghetti.

The next day, we went on a hike on some Sand Dunes. This was the end Mr. Frodo! Just over the hills! It would all be over! Then we could go home! Home to the Shire! As you can see, it was quite difficult. The hills were some of the most difficult things to climb! On the way back, back 'ome, I literally fell down just within a few yards of the last hill. I had trouble just pulling myself to the top. Then I could see the vans! We'd done it Mr. Frodo! It's done!

The next day we packed up the tents and went home. Ya. Lots of energy and excitement there. Hahaha! As we were the first to arrive, we were the last to pack up and leave.

All in all, the trip was a fun one. I would have to say I will be goin' again next year. But after a long adventure, it's good to be back 'ome. So, I have lived the adventure. I have gone there... and back again.



No comments:

Post a Comment