Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More about "Is it I?"

Well, when I was serving in Mass, Kay made the announcement that the "Is it I?" play would be performed again.

The first year, my Dad played Peter and it was a great success. The Church was packed! The second year, my Dad and I were asked to play Peter and James the Lesser. But my Dad, who became nervous before performing the play the year before, refused to do it and I couldn't do it without him (sort of). The play, they say, was not a big success that year. This year, they decided to try again and try to get all the original group of actors. They were able to recruit a few of them, but not my Dad.

Once the announcements were over, I had already thought that I, nor my Dad, were not going to do it (not to mention the auditions were only open to those who were 18+). But, while my parents were talking with friends outside of the Church, my sister, Vicki, approached my and told me that she and Mom and convinced Kay to let me audition for John even though I'm only 16. So, when we asked my Dad, he gave us the OK.

On Thursday, the auditions were smaller than usual auditions. Fortunately for me, James, the person who had played John for a couple of years, was not there. As you can guess, I was thrilled! They had me audition first. I read the parts of John and Andrew. They even said that I might be able to play the part of Jesus! While I was reading the lines of John, James walked in. My exact thoughts were "Nuts." That Sunday, they told my Mom that I was chosen to play John. And my Dad, who they were pushing to play Peter, finally accepted the role of Peter. Unfortunately, we're going to have to miss the first rehearsal because I have a piano recital. So, we shall have to be content to go to all of them, except that one. The rehearsals will go until April 3, I think, and then the first performance will be held in St. James on April 10th. The second will be held on April 17th in St. Peter. After this, our last role is to have our feet washed on Holy Thursday. So will the play "Is it I?" end. I can't wait!!!!




3 comments: