Monday, February 28, 2011

My Piano Recital

I hate playing in front of people. Acting is one thing, because you can cover up your mistakes by pretending your character stuttered... well maybe... But when your performing music, then you have to hit each note correctly or it will sound weird! Oh, of course they'll understand, but the problem is that WE don't! When we mess up we think "Blast!" but they think "Ho ho! He/she messed up!"

So anyway, yesterday I had my piano recital. I played two pieces, Backstage Pass, and a Bird's Eye View. Waiting for the others to get over with and get to you is the bloody worst part. When they mess up you automatically think your going to do the same thing. So I waited for the others to get over with, then walked to the Piano. I have no idea how I played through the songs but I did. As I expected, I messed up once. Very careless of me. So, the recital ended and we went home feeling very nervous...

Next week I get judged for the same songs.... oh boy....

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way... every year... only worse. I would mess up my piece three times in one performance, even if I had practiced every day foe a month. So two years ago, my parents told me I could stop practicing and drop out. Good luck...

    ReplyDelete