Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Of Sledding and snowball fights

Yeserday we went to our good friend's houseto sled for the day. In the family of our guests there was Caleb, Anna, Emily, Abby, and Betsy (but not exactly in that order). While I went down the hill on my sled, I noticed my brother Gabriel throwing snow balls at Betsy and Abby (they were having fun throwing them back at Gabriel). Since I knew there was supposed to be a snow ball fight while we were there, I saw the opportunity to start it. I ran in to support Abby and Betsy. I stuck my sled into the ground as a barricade and started to throw snow balls. Soon enough, David and Tony came to support Gabriel. I turned to Anna and Emily who were busy sledding, "Reinforcements! Reinforcements!" They also came to our aid along with my sister, Hannah. Seeing that the battle was inevitable, Caleb and Father James, who had just arrived, joined the fight on the opposing side. The battle had begun. I immidiately picked up a sled and began to use it as a catapult as I saw Tony start to do the same. Soon enough, the entire opposing force began to do the same. When one side of ours was flanked, I would charge into them with my catapult and fire. I was soon joined by Anna who helped me clear out the flankers and the chargers. But then Hannah pointed out to us that this was a SNOWBALL fight and not a catapult. So we began to throw snowballs instead. As most of the people started to take timeouts, the only people left on our side was Anna in the center, and myself on the flank. We dropped behind three sleds and fired. It wasn't long before Emily, Betsy, and Abby decided to make snowballs. Hannah came to our aid, so the battle lines were left to myself, Hannah, and Anna. We returned fire as best we could, but were soon outmatched by the larger opposing team. Father and Caleb, especially were knocking out our deffenses. While standing and waiting for an opportunity to fire, Father threw a snowball and hit me in the face. That did it. It was a new war! Father vs. me! When we began to fire I noticed David and Tony stealing our shields. I charged towards them and tackled them to the ground! Muahahaha!

So all in all, the day was very fun and... snowy...


2 comments: